- LoopCheck: Checks that the zone is accessible by calling the url: :.">http://<zones>:<port><file>. Per default it is set to the user interface of the Java Dynamic Dns Client. Please make sure that the port forwarding is enabled on the dsl router. To check that the Loop Check is functioning correctly click on the loopCheck button.
- If the LoopCheck is enabled and returns an error or the FaceIp of the FaceIpMonitor has changed setDynamicIP(ip) is called.
- To check the correct access to the dns provider call setDanymicIP(ip)
- If the FaceIp is set to “?” the zone is parked.
- If Retry is set the call to the dns provider will be disabled until the retry time has passed.
To create a new DynDnsMonitor:
- call http://127.0.0.1:8081/jmx.browser-1.2.0
- click RepositoryEntry:name=DnsMonitor
- enter for newInstance a name for the new monitor and click invoke. Names should consist of only alpha-numeric characters.
- Click AgentView
- Click on DnsMonitor:name=<your name>. Names should consist of only alpha-numeric characters.
- Enter the required data into the form and click the update button.
- Check the correct function by clicking LoopCheck, SetDynamicIp.
- Enable the cyclic monitoring by setting Stop to false (remember to click update)
- Click init and then StartLife to start the monitor.
All data is stored in the directory dataStore in the according xml file.
When the Java Dynamic Dns Client is restarted the data is loaded from this file and the Monitor is started automatically.